The quiz is open to students aged 13-15 years* who are looking to test their knowledge of finance and monetary issues. Students play in teams of two and all students are entitled to take part, irrespective of the subjects they are studying.
*The official birthdate limit to participate in the 2023 edition is May 15, 2007.
The 2023 competition will take place in two phases:
National competitions are held online in up to 28 countries across Europe, including in Ireland, to determine the finalists from each country who will travel to Brussels to participate in the European Final.
- The Irish final will be broadcast live on YouTube at 12 noon, Tuesday 14th March 2023, organised by Banking & Payments Federation Ireland (BPFI).
- Students across Ireland will play directly against each other in real time using Kahoot! learning platform.
- Playing in teams of two, students must answer 15 financial education related questions with four possible answers to choose from. The quiz usually takes 10-15 minutes with 30-60 seconds to answer each question.
- The team that answers the most correct questions in the fastest time wins.
Prize: The winning team will be invited to travel to Brussels to represent Ireland in the European finals on 15-16 May 2023. The travel expenses of this trip are part of the prize package and are sponsored by Banking & Payments Federation of Ireland. The team will also receive a trophy for their school. Subject to availability of the winning students a prize giving ceremony will take place at the offices of BPFI on a date in April 2023
- National Winners will compete for the European championship in a final competition between all participating countries on 15-16 May 2023 in Brussels organised by the European Banking Federation (EBF).
- Similar to the national finals the team who answers the most correct questions in the fastest time win.
Prize: The winners of the European finals will receive a cash prize for their school. Further details will be published shortly.
How can I enter?